*Direct correspondence to Stephan J. Goetz, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology, 7E Armsby Bldg., The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802-5602 〈email@example.com〉. The research underlying this article was supported in part by USDA/CSREES-National Research Initiative Competitive Grants Program 2003-35401-12936. Earlier versions of this article were presented at the American Agricultural Economics Association Annual Meeting, Denver, Colorado, August 1–3, 2004 and at the Rural Sociological Society Annual Meeting in Sacramento, California, August 12–15, 2004. The authors thank session participants and Martin Shields for their comments. Opinions expressed are those of the authors, and their affiliation appears for informational purposes only. Goetz will supply data and coding information used in this work for those wishing to replicate the study.
Wal-Mart and County-Wide Poverty*
Article first published online: 9 MAY 2006
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 87, Issue 2, pages 211–226, June 2006
How to Cite
Goetz, S. J. and Swaminathan, H. (2006), Wal-Mart and County-Wide Poverty. Social Science Quarterly, 87: 211–226. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2006.00377.x
- Issue published online: 9 MAY 2006
- Article first published online: 9 MAY 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!