* Direct correspondence to Dr. Maria Chávez, Pacific Lutheran University, Political Science, 1010 122nd St. S., Tacoma, WA 98447 〈email@example.com〉. Chávez, Wampler, and Burkhart agree to share all data and coding information with those wishing to replicate the study. This research was made possible through a grant from the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. The authors thank Dr. Galen Louis at the DHW for providing them this opportunity, and Tricia Trofast at Boise State University for administrative assistance. They are also grateful for the assistance of the research team: Gabriela Calderon, Francisco Pedraza, and Leo Morales, and extend their thanks to the anonymous reviewers who made invaluable comments and suggestions, and to Dr. Nicholas Lovrich for reading an earlier draft of this article. An earlier version of this article was presented at the Annual Western Political Science Association Meeting, Portland, Oregon, 2003. Finally, the authors especially thank the migrant and seasonal farmworkers who participated in their survey and focus groups. They hope this research will aid in improving the quality of life of this population.
Left Out: Trust and Social Capital Among Migrant Seasonal Farmworkers*
Version of Record online: 16 NOV 2006
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 87, Issue 5, pages 1012–1029, December 2006
How to Cite
Chávez, M. L., Wampler, B. and Burkhart, R. E. (2006), Left Out: Trust and Social Capital Among Migrant Seasonal Farmworkers. Social Science Quarterly, 87: 1012–1029. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2006.00413.x
- Issue online: 16 NOV 2006
- Version of Record online: 16 NOV 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!