*Direct correspondence to Carol L. Silva, Center for Applied Social Research, University of Oklahoma, 2 Partner's Pl., 3100 Monitor, Ste. 100, Norman, OK 73072 〈firstname.lastname@example.org〉. Data used in this article can be obtained for purposes of replication from Carol L. Silva. We thank the Sandia National Laboratories for providing financial support for this research. We also acknowledge our intellectual debts to Kerry Herron, Neil Mitchell, and Guy Whitten, all of whom participated in the design of the survey instrument used to collect the data employed in this article.
The Precautionary Principle in Context: U.S. and E.U. Scientists' Prescriptions for Policy in the Face of Uncertainty*
Article first published online: 5 JUL 2007
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 88, Issue 3, pages 640–664, September 2007
How to Cite
Silva, C. L. and Jenkins-Smith, H. C. (2007), The Precautionary Principle in Context: U.S. and E.U. Scientists' Prescriptions for Policy in the Face of Uncertainty. Social Science Quarterly, 88: 640–664. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2007.00476.x
- Issue published online: 5 JUL 2007
- Article first published online: 5 JUL 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!