*Direct correspondence to Kenny J. Whitby, Professor, Department of Political Science, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208 〈email@example.com〉. The data are available on request from the author. The author is grateful to Christian Grose, Roumen Vesselinov, anonymous reviews, and the editor of SSQ for helpful comments and suggestions. The author also thanks Alex Alderman-White for data collection.
The Effect of Black Descriptive Representation on Black Electoral Turnout in the 2004 Elections*
Article first published online: 6 NOV 2007
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 88, Issue 4, pages 1010–1023, December 2007
How to Cite
Whitby, K. J. (2007), The Effect of Black Descriptive Representation on Black Electoral Turnout in the 2004 Elections. Social Science Quarterly, 88: 1010–1023. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2007.00515.x
- Issue published online: 6 NOV 2007
- Article first published online: 6 NOV 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!