*Direct correspondence to Jarron M. Saint Onge, Department of Sociology, 450 Philip Hoffman Hall, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204-3012 〈e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org〉. We will share all coding information with investigators who satisfy the requirements of and purchase the data from Sport Media Enterprises. An early version of this article benefited from presentation at the 2006 Annual Meeting of the Southern Demographic Association and the 2007 Annual Meeting of the Population Association of America. We thank Sport Media Enterprises for supplying the data; the Department of Sociology, University of Colorado, for purchasing the data license; Nancy Mann for editorial assistance; the University of Colorado Population Center (Grant R21 HD51146) and the University of Texas Population Research Center (Grant R24 HD42849) for administrative and computing support; and the reviewers for their insightful and helpful comments.
Major League Baseball Players' Life Expectancies†
Article first published online: 17 JUL 2008
© 2008 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 89, Issue 3, pages 817–830, September 2008
How to Cite
Onge, J. M. S., Rogers, R. G. and Krueger, P. M. (2008), Major League Baseball Players' Life Expectancies. Social Science Quarterly, 89: 817–830. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2008.00562.x
- Issue published online: 17 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 17 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!