*Direct correspondence to Stephan J. Goetz, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology, 7E Armsby Bldg., The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802-5602 〈firstname.lastname@example.org〉. The second-named author 〈email@example.com〉 will share all data and coding information with those wishing to replicate the study. The authors thank three anonymous journal reviewers as well as Mark Henry and other participants at the 2008 Southern Regional Science Association Annual Meeting for their comments and suggestions. This research was funded in part (Grant 20051242) by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Kansas City, MO. The contents of this publication are solely the responsibility of the grantee.
Explaining Self-Employment Success and Failure: Wal-Mart Versus Starbucks, or Schumpeter Versus Putnam*
Article first published online: 15 JAN 2009
© 2009 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 90, Issue 1, pages 22–38, March 2009
How to Cite
Goetz, S. J. and Shrestha, S. S. (2009), Explaining Self-Employment Success and Failure: Wal-Mart Versus Starbucks, or Schumpeter Versus Putnam. Social Science Quarterly, 90: 22–38. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2009.00600.x
- Issue published online: 15 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 15 JAN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!