*Direct correspondence to Paru Shah, Macalester College, Department of Political Science, 1600 Grand Ave., Saint Paul, MN 55015 〈email@example.com〉. The data and coding for this project were funded by NSF Grant SES-0400488 and are available on request from Paru Shah. An earlier version of this aticle was presented at the 2007 Annual Southern Political Science Meeting. Paru Shah thanks Melissa Marschall and Anirudh Ruhil for their comments on this article, as well as the two anonymous reviewers and Robert Lineberry at SSQ.
Motivating Participation: The Symbolic Effects of Latino Representation on Parent School Involvement*
Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2009
© 2009 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 90, Issue 1, pages 212–230, March 2009
How to Cite
Shah, P. (2009), Motivating Participation: The Symbolic Effects of Latino Representation on Parent School Involvement. Social Science Quarterly, 90: 212–230. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2009.00612.x
- Issue online: 15 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!