*Direct correspondence to Michael J. Stern, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, College of Charleston, 66 George St., Charleston, SC 29424 〈firstname.lastname@example.org〉. Support for conducting this research was provided by the Department of Community and Rural Sociology and the Social and Economic Sciences Research Center at Washington State University, Pullman, WA. Additional support was provided by the USDA-National Agricultural Statistics Service and the National Science Foundation Division of Science Resource Statistics under Cooperative Agreement 43-3AEU-1-80055 with the Washington State University Social and Economic Sciences Research Center. We acknowledge with thanks the helpful comments provided by Bryan D. Rookey, Jessica Crowe, Alison E. Adams, Kendra W. Stern, and the anonymous reviewers at Social Science Quarterly. The primary author will share all data and coding information with those wishing to replicate the study.
The Network Structure of Local and Extra-Local Voluntary Participation: The Role of Core Social Networks*
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2009
© 2009 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 90, Issue 3, pages 553–575, September 2009
How to Cite
Stern, M. J. and Fullerton, A. S. (2009), The Network Structure of Local and Extra-Local Voluntary Participation: The Role of Core Social Networks. Social Science Quarterly, 90: 553–575. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2009.00631.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2009
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!