*Direct correspondence to Daniel J. Hopkins, 1737 Cambridge St., Cambridge, MA 02138 〈firstname.lastname@example.org〉. Earlier versions of this article were presented at the 2005 Conference of the Midwest Political Science Association and the Harvard University American Politics Research Workshop. The author gratefully acknowledges Lauren Appelbaum, Andrea Campbell, Elisabeth Jacobs, Sunshine Hillygus, Jennifer Hochschild, Colin Moore, Ryan Moore, Helen Marrow, Andrew Reeves, and Joe Soss, all of whom provided feedback. Rosie Wu assisted with copy editing. SSQ editor Robert Lineberry and the anonymous reviewers provided valuable and often incisive suggestions as well. Please contact the author or refer to 〈http://www.danhopkins.org〉 for replication materials.
Partisan Reinforcement and the Poor: The Impact of Context on Explanations for Poverty*
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2009
© 2009 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 90, Issue 3, pages 744–764, September 2009
How to Cite
Hopkins, D. J. (2009), Partisan Reinforcement and the Poor: The Impact of Context on Explanations for Poverty. Social Science Quarterly, 90: 744–764. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2009.00641.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!