*Direct correspondence to Amanda K. Baumle, Department of Sociology, University of Houston, 450 Philip Hoffman Hall, Houston, TX 77204 〈firstname.lastname@example.org〉. Data used in this article are available from the author on request for those wishing to replicate the study. The author thanks Dr. Gary Gates and Dr. M. V. Lee Badgett for their comments and suggestions regarding this article, as well as The Williams Institute for support during the completion of this project. Further, the author acknowledges that the data set was derived from the Integrated Public Use Microdata Series administered by the Minnesota Population Center.
The Cost of Parenthood: Unraveling the Effects of Sexual Orientation and Gender on Income*
Version of Record online: 15 OCT 2009
© 2009 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 90, Issue 4, pages 983–1002, December 2009
How to Cite
Baumle, A. K. (2009), The Cost of Parenthood: Unraveling the Effects of Sexual Orientation and Gender on Income. Social Science Quarterly, 90: 983–1002. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2009.00673.x
- Issue online: 15 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 15 OCT 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!