*Direct correspondence to Michelle L. Frisco, Department of Sociology and Population Research Institute, The Pennsylvania State University, 211 Oswald Tower, University Park, PA 16802 〈firstname.lastname@example.org〉. Dr. Frisco will share all data and coding information with readers who wish to replicate the study. Note, though, that this study uses data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, a research program designed by J. Richard Udry, Peter S. Bearman, and Kathleen Mullan Harris, and funded by Grant P01-HD31921 from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, with cooperative funding from 17 other agencies. Anyone wishing to use the Add Health data must obtain proper approval from Add Health administrators. The authors acknowledge support from the Penn State University Population Research Institute, a grant from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (R01 HD40428-02, PI: Gary Sandefur), and the Career Development Program in Women's Health Research at Penn State (K 12HD055882, PI: Carol Weisman), a program sponsored by NICHD. The authors thank Kristin Burnett, Ashleigh May, Tamar Mendelson, Kristi Williams, Penn State Population Research Institute brownbag attendees, and Rutgers University Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research seminar series attendees for their helpful comments on this article.
Adolescent Weight and Depressive Symptoms: For Whom is Weight a Burden?*
Article first published online: 15 OCT 2009
© 2009 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 90, Issue 4, pages 1019–1038, December 2009
How to Cite
Frisco, M. L., Houle, J. N. and Martin, M. A. (2009), Adolescent Weight and Depressive Symptoms: For Whom is Weight a Burden?. Social Science Quarterly, 90: 1019–1038. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2009.00676.x
- Issue published online: 15 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 15 OCT 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!