*Direct correspondence to Shira Offer, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Mexico Bldg. Rm. 404, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel 〈firstname.lastname@example.org〉. Information for those who wish to replicate the study is available from the author upon request. The author thanks Susan Mayer, Omar McRoberts, Barbara Schneider, and Mario Small, as well as the SSQ editor and anonymous reviewers, for their helpful comments and assistance. This research was supported by the Alfred P. Sloan Center on Parents, Children and Work at the University of Chicago.
Agency-Based Support: A “Last-Resort” Strategy for Low-Income Families?*
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2010
© 2010 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 91, Issue 1, pages 284–300, March 2010
How to Cite
Offer, S. (2010), Agency-Based Support: A “Last-Resort” Strategy for Low-Income Families?. Social Science Quarterly, 91: 284–300. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2010.00693.x
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!