*Direct correspondence to Andrew Leigh, Research School of Social Sciences, Australian National University, ACT 0200, Australia 〈firstname.lastname@example.org〉. The second-named author will share all data and coding information with those wishing to replicate the study. The authors are grateful to Clive Bean, Rachel Gibson, David Gow, Sophie Holloway, and Ian McAllister for providing them with access to the restricted-use version of the Australian Candidate Study. Jennifer Chesters, Susanne Schmidt, and Elena Varganova provided outstanding research assistance. The authors also benefited from feedback from seminar participants at the Australian National University.
Bias at the Ballot Box? Testing Whether Candidates' Gender Affects Their Vote*
Article first published online: 6 APR 2010
© 2010 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 91, Issue 2, pages 324–343, June 2010
How to Cite
King, A. and Leigh, A. (2010), Bias at the Ballot Box? Testing Whether Candidates' Gender Affects Their Vote. Social Science Quarterly, 91: 324–343. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2010.00695.x
- Issue published online: 6 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 6 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!