*Direct correspondence to Rebecca M. Tippett, Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service, University of Virginia, PO Box 400206, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4206 〈firstname.lastname@example.org〉. All authors contributed equally and share authorship of this article. Data and coding used in this article are available upon request for those wishing to replicate this study. This research was partially supported by a contract, “Designing New Models for Explaining Family Change and Variation” (N01 HD-3-3354; PI. S. Philip Morgan) with the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. Data collection was carried out and funded by the Pew Foundation with partial support from Duke University. The authors thank Emilio A. Parrado, Seth Sanders, Lee Rainie, John Horrigan, Lynn Smith-Lovin, Amanda Lenhart, Mary Madden, Douglas Downey, Linda K. George, and Nathan D. Martin for helpful comments and suggestions. Early versions of this article were presented at the 2005 Southern Demographic Association Annual Meeting and the 2006 Southern Sociological Society Annual Meeting.
The Social Demography of Internet Dating in the United States*
Article first published online: 6 APR 2010
© 2010 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 91, Issue 2, pages 554–575, June 2010
How to Cite
Sautter, J. M., Tippett, R. M. and Morgan, S. P. (2010), The Social Demography of Internet Dating in the United States. Social Science Quarterly, 91: 554–575. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2010.00707.x
- Issue published online: 6 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 6 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!