*Direct correspondence to Allison Harell, Département de science politique, Université du Québec à Montréal, C.P. 8888, Succ. Centre Ville, Montréal, QC (Canada) H3C 3P8 〈firstname.lastname@example.org〉. The author will share data and coding information with those wishing to replicate the study. The author is grateful to the principal investigator of the Canadian Youth Study, Dietlind Stolle, for her collaboration in collecting the data used for this project, as well as to Blake Andrew, Antje Ellerman, Elisabeth Gidengil, Jon Hurwitz, Stuart Soroka, and two anonymous reviewers for useful comments provided on earlier drafts. The Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) and the Fonds Québécois de la Recherche sur la Société et la Culture (FQRSC) provided financial support for the data collection, and the American Association of University Women provided funding to the author.
Political Tolerance, Racist Speech, and the Influence of Social Networks*
Article first published online: 15 JUL 2010
© 2010 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 91, Issue 3, pages 724–740, September 2010
How to Cite
Harell, A. (2010), Political Tolerance, Racist Speech, and the Influence of Social Networks. Social Science Quarterly, 91: 724–740. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2010.00716.x
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 15 JUL 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!