*Direct correspondence to Robert Stein, Department of Political Science, Rice University, Ms 27, Houston, TX 77251 〈email@example.com〉. Data and statistical coding are available from the first author for those wishing to replicate the study. The work reported in this article was funded in part by the National Science Foundation through Grant CMMI-0728040, and the Office of Public Safety and Homeland Security of the City of Houston, Texas. We wish to acknowledge the assistance of Rick Wilson and Jim Turley in the design of the survey instrument.
Who Evacuates When Hurricanes Approach? The Role of Risk, Information, and Location*
Article first published online: 15 JUL 2010
© 2010 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 91, Issue 3, pages 816–834, September 2010
How to Cite
Stein, R. M., Dueñas-Osorio, L. and Subramanian, D. (2010), Who Evacuates When Hurricanes Approach? The Role of Risk, Information, and Location. Social Science Quarterly, 91: 816–834. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2010.00721.x
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 15 JUL 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!