*Direct correspondence to Alexandra Murphy, 106 Wallace Hall, Department of Sociology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544 〈firstname.lastname@example.org〉. The authors are happy to share all data and coding information with those who wish to replicate this study. The authors thank Mario L. Small for his extensive guidance and advice throughout the writing of this article. The authors also thank the editor of SSQ and the two anonymous reviewers who provided valuable critique and feedback. Finally, the authors are grateful for support they received from the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, the Housing and Urban Development Dissertation Research Grant, Princeton University and the University of Chicago.
Opportunities for Making Ends Meet and Upward Mobility: Differences in Organizational Deprivation Across Urban and Suburban Poor Neighborhoods*
Article first published online: 26 OCT 2010
© 2010 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Special Issue: Inequality and Poverty: American and International Perspectives
Volume 91, Issue 5, pages 1164–1186, December 2010
How to Cite
Murphy, A. K. and Wallace, D. (2010), Opportunities for Making Ends Meet and Upward Mobility: Differences in Organizational Deprivation Across Urban and Suburban Poor Neighborhoods. Social Science Quarterly, 91: 1164–1186. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2010.00726.x
- Issue published online: 26 OCT 2010
- Article first published online: 26 OCT 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!