*Direct correspondence, including requests for data and coding materials, to James Elliott, Department of Sociology, 1291 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403 〈Elliott@uoregon.edu〉. This research benefited from funding from the National Science Foundation (Award 0554818) and from the GIS and Population Workshop held at the Center for Spatially Integrated Social Science organized by Stephen Matthews, Don Janelle, and Michael Goodchild with funding from the National Institute of Child Health and Development (Award HD047744-01). In addition, we thank the editor and anonymous reviewers for their assistance in guiding this article to publication.
When Nature Pushes Back: Environmental Impact and the Spatial Redistribution of Socially Vulnerable Populations*
Article first published online: 26 OCT 2010
© 2010 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Special Issue: Inequality and Poverty: American and International Perspectives
Volume 91, Issue 5, pages 1187–1202, December 2010
How to Cite
Elliott, J. R. and Pais, J. (2010), When Nature Pushes Back: Environmental Impact and the Spatial Redistribution of Socially Vulnerable Populations. Social Science Quarterly, 91: 1187–1202. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2010.00727.x
- Issue published online: 26 OCT 2010
- Article first published online: 26 OCT 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!