*Direct correspondence to Dante Contreras, Department of Economics, Universidad de Chile, Diagonal Paraguay 257, Santiago, Chile 〈email@example.com〉. The authors are grateful for the comments made by Felipe Barrera, Gregory Elacqua, Sebastián Gallegos, Cristóbal Huneeus, Osvaldo Larrañaga, Karthik Muralidharan, Christopher Neilson, Valentina Paredes, Harry Patrinos, Claudia Sanhueza, Pablo Serra, and Emiliana Vegas. They are also indebted to the participants at the Seminar of the Department of Economics, Universidad de Chile, LACEA-LAMES, and the World Bank. They express their gratitude to the funding provided by FONDECYT No. 1071123. They also are grateful for the funding granted by Iniciativa Cientifica Milenio “Centro de Microdatos” Proyecto P07S-023-F. Any error or omission is the sole responsibility of the authors. Dante Contreras will provide all data and coding information to those wishing to replicate the study.
When Schools Are the Ones that Choose: The Effects of Screening in Chile*
Article first published online: 26 OCT 2010
© 2010 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Special Issue: Inequality and Poverty: American and International Perspectives
Volume 91, Issue 5, pages 1349–1368, December 2010
How to Cite
Contreras, D., Sepúlveda, P. and Bustos, S. (2010), When Schools Are the Ones that Choose: The Effects of Screening in Chile. Social Science Quarterly, 91: 1349–1368. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2010.00735.x
- Issue published online: 26 OCT 2010
- Article first published online: 26 OCT 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!