*Direct correspondence to Daniel P. Aldrich, Department of Political Science, Purdue University, 100 N. University St., West Lafayette, IN 47907 〈email@example.com〉. Daniel P. Aldrich will share all data and coding information with those wishing to replicate the study. Mr. M. Louis and People's Watch Tamil Nadu worked tirelessly to procure much of the data used in this analysis; the author gratefully acknowledges their efforts and generosity in sharing their data. The author conducted the relevant fieldwork, archival research, and interviews in Tamil Nadu, India for this article while on an Abe Fellowship from the Center for Global Partnership and the Social Science Research Council during 2007–2008. He thanks Janki Andharia, Lokesh Gowda, Jacquleen Joseph, and Sunil Santha with the Tata Center for Disaster Management within the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Annie George with the Nagapattinam Coordination and Resource Centre, and Hari Ayyappan for their help while in the field. Finally, Jay McCann and four anonymous reviewers provided valuable advice.
Separate and Unequal: Post-Tsunami Aid Distribution in Southern India*
Version of Record online: 26 OCT 2010
© 2010 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Special Issue: Inequality and Poverty: American and International Perspectives
Volume 91, Issue 5, pages 1369–1389, December 2010
How to Cite
Aldrich, D. P. (2010), Separate and Unequal: Post-Tsunami Aid Distribution in Southern India. Social Science Quarterly, 91: 1369–1389. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2010.00736.x
- Issue online: 26 OCT 2010
- Version of Record online: 26 OCT 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!