*Direct correspondence to Christopher P. Scheitle, 211 Oswald Tower, Department of Sociology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802 〈firstname.lastname@example.org〉. The author will share the data and coding information utilized here with those wishing to replicate the research. The author thanks Roger Finke, John McCarthy, Chris Bader, and Buster Smith for comments on previous versions of this article.
Google's Insights for Search: A Note Evaluating the Use of Search Engine Data in Social Research*
Article first published online: 3 FEB 2011
© 2011 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 92, Issue 1, pages 285–295, March 2011
How to Cite
Scheitle, C. P. (2011), Google's Insights for Search: A Note Evaluating the Use of Search Engine Data in Social Research. Social Science Quarterly, 92: 285–295. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2011.00768.x
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2011
- Article first published online: 3 FEB 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!