*Direct correspondence to Brian K. Arbour, Assistant Professor, Department of Government, John Jay College, City University of New York, 899 10th Ave., New York, NY 10019 〈email@example.com〉. Author ordering determined by a sports wager. While all shortcomings stem from our pathologies, several individuals aided the analysis and research: Jon Kilpinen, Seth McKee, Tim Blessing, Keith Gaddie, Cameron Joseph, and Bryan Murphy. We will share data and its coding upon request.
Barack Obama's “American” Problem: Unhyphenated Americans in the 2008 Elections*
Version of Record online: 26 JUL 2011
© 2011 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 92, Issue 3, pages 563–587, September 2011
How to Cite
Arbour, B. K. and Teigen, J. M. (2011), Barack Obama's “American” Problem: Unhyphenated Americans in the 2008 Elections. Social Science Quarterly, 92: 563–587. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2011.00782.x
- Issue online: 11 AUG 2011
- Version of Record online: 26 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!