*Direct correspondence to Constance A. Lindsay 〈email@example.com〉. The author sincerely thanks Professors David Figlio, Jelani Mandara, and the participants of the Education Policy Laboratory Group at the Northwestern University Institute for Policy Research for their reviews of several versions of this article. This research uses data from Add Health, a program project designed by J. Richard Udry, Peter S. Bearman, and Kathleen Mullan Harris, and funded by Grant P01-HD31921 from the NICHD, with cooperative funding from 17 other agencies. Special acknowledgment is due to Ronald R. Rindfuss and Barbara Entwisle for assistance in the original design. Persons interested in obtaining data files from Add Health should contact Add Health, Carolina Population Center, 123 W. Franklin St., Chapel Hill, NC 27516–2524. The author will share all data and coding for replication purposes.
All Middle-Class Families Are Not Created Equal: Explaining the Contexts that Black and White Families Face and the Implications for Adolescent Achievement*
Article first published online: 26 JUL 2011
© 2011 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 92, Issue 3, pages 761–781, September 2011
How to Cite
Lindsay, C. A. (2011), All Middle-Class Families Are Not Created Equal: Explaining the Contexts that Black and White Families Face and the Implications for Adolescent Achievement. Social Science Quarterly, 92: 761–781. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2011.00791.x
- Issue published online: 11 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 26 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!