The data used in this publication were collected with funding provided by the RGK Center for Philanthropy and Community Service and the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Texas at Austin. Neither the collector of these data nor any of the funding entities bears any responsibility for the analyses and interpretations presented here. The authors would also like to acknowledge the research assistance of Dr. Jill Strube and the support of the Irma Rangel Public Policy Institute at the University of Texas at Austin.
Who Doesn't Value English? Debunking Myths About Mexican Immigrants’ Attitudes Toward the English Language*
Article first published online: 4 APR 2012
© 2012 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 93, Issue 2, pages 356–378, June 2012
How to Cite
Dowling, J. A., Ellison, C. G. and Leal, D. L. (2012), Who Doesn't Value English? Debunking Myths About Mexican Immigrants’ Attitudes Toward the English Language*. Social Science Quarterly, 93: 356–378. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2012.00850.x
- Issue published online: 7 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!