All data are public, and the programs used to generate results are available from the authors. We thank Doug Kruse for valuable discussions and assistance. Funding for the disability module for the 2006 General Social Survey was provided by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education, National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research, Grant No. H133B980042–99, and the Rutgers School of Management and Labor Relations. Funding for the disability module on the Maxwell Poll of Citizenship and Inequality was provided by a BBI Innovation Grant to Professor Jeffrey Stonecash of the Maxwell School on Citizenship and Public Affairs. The authors wish to thank Peter Blanck and James Schmeling of Syracuse University and Tom Smith of the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago for their work in arranging the General Social Survey disability module, and Professor Stonecash for arranging the Maxwell Poll disability module.
Sidelined or Mainstreamed? Political Participation and Attitudes of People with Disabilities in the United States
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
© 2012 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 94, Issue 3, pages 811–839, September 2013
How to Cite
Schur, L. and Adya, M. (2013), Sidelined or Mainstreamed? Political Participation and Attitudes of People with Disabilities in the United States. Social Science Quarterly, 94: 811–839. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2012.00885.x
- Issue published online: 2 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- U.S. Department of Education
- National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research. Grant Number: H133B980042–99
- Rutgers School of Management and Labor Relations
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!