The authors will share data and coding with anyone interested in replicating this study. The authors thank Scott H. Ainsworth, Jamie L. Carson, Michael Crespin, Brian F. Crisp, Matthew Gabel, Burdett A. Loomis, Jason M. Roberts, Steven S. Smith, participants of the 2008 History of Congress Conference, and the University of North Carolina American Politics Group for helpful comments and suggestions. Lynch thanks the Kansas University New Faculty General Research Fund Grant for financial support of this research.
Viva Voce: Implications from the Disappearing Voice Vote, 1865–1996†
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
© 2012 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 94, Issue 2, pages 530–550, June 2013
How to Cite
Lynch, M. S. and Madonna, A. J. (2013), Viva Voce: Implications from the Disappearing Voice Vote, 1865–1996. Social Science Quarterly, 94: 530–550. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2012.00892.x
- Issue published online: 1 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!