We thank the Baldy Center for Law & Social Policy, Center for Empirical Research in the Law, and National Science Foundation for supporting our research and James Battista, Carlos Estevez, Tim Johnson, Andrew Martin, Lynn Mather, Harvey Palmer, Rachel Schutte, Harold Spaeth, Pablo Spiller, Jim Spriggs, Justin Wedeking, and the editor and anonymous reviewers of Social Science Quarterly for providing helpful feedback and comments on this and our related work. We are also greatly indebted to Lee Epstein, Jeffrey Segal, and Harold Spaeth for making the data used here publicly available through the Digital Archive of the Papers of Harry A. Blackmun.
Selecting the Select Few: The Discuss List and the U.S. Supreme Court's Agenda-Setting Process†
Version of Record online: 5 DEC 2012
© 2012 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 94, Issue 4, pages 1124–1144, December 2013
How to Cite
Black, R. C. and Boyd, C. L. (2013), Selecting the Select Few: The Discuss List and the U.S. Supreme Court's Agenda-Setting Process. Social Science Quarterly, 94: 1124–1144. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2012.00933.x
- Issue online: 15 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 5 DEC 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!