This article was previously presented at the research workshop on border economics during the panel for border research on economic integration of the Border Economic Development and Entrepreneurship Symposium sponsored by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, El Paso Branch, NOBE/REF, and the University of Texas—Pan American held on December 1, 2011 (Edinburg, Texas). I would like to thank Dr. Marie Mora, University of Texas—Pan American, Dr. Jana Pisani, Ferris State University, and the conference participants for their constructive and helpful comments.
Cross-Border Consumption of Informal and Underground Goods: A Case Study of Alternative Consumerism in South Texas†
Article first published online: 13 DEC 2012
© 2012 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 94, Issue 1, pages 242–262, March 2013
How to Cite
Pisani, M. J. (2013), Cross-Border Consumption of Informal and Underground Goods: A Case Study of Alternative Consumerism in South Texas. Social Science Quarterly, 94: 242–262. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2012.00941.x
- Issue published online: 4 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 13 DEC 2012
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!