This paper has benefited from comments and criticisms by G. Benston, E. Fama, J. Keilson, H. Weingartner, and especially M. Scholes.
Problems in Selection of Security Portfolios
THE PERFORMANCE OF MUTUAL FUNDS IN THE PERIOD 1945–1964
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1968 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 23, Issue 2, pages 389–416, May 1968
How to Cite
Jensen, M. C. (1968), THE PERFORMANCE OF MUTUAL FUNDS IN THE PERIOD 1945–1964. The Journal of Finance, 23: 389–416. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1968.tb00815.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
- 1“The Assessment of Portfolio Performance”, (unpublished Ph.D. dissertation, University of Chicago, 1968).
- 2An Empirical Evaluation of Alternative Portfolio Selection Models”, Journal of Business, XXXX (April, 1967), 166–193.and “
- 3Pension Funds: Measuring Investment Performance. New York: The Free Press, 1966.
- 4The Behavior of Stock-Market Prices”, Journal of Business, XXXVII (January, 1965), 34–105.“
- 5Risk, Return and Equilibrium: Some Clarifying Comments”, Journal of Finance, XXIII (March, 1968), 29–40.“
- 6“Risk, Return, and General Equilibrium in a Stable Paretian Market”, (unpublished manuscript, University of Chicago, 1967).
- 7The Investment Decision Under Uncertainty. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice Hall, Inc., 1962.
- 8A Study of Mutual Funds. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1962., , and
- 9Portfolio Selection and Investment Performance”, Journal of Finance, XX (September, 1965), 391–415., , and “
- 10A Model for Mutual Fund Evaluation”, Industrial Management Review, VI (Spring, 1965), 81–92.“
- 11“Risk, the Pricing of Capital Assets, and the Evaluation of Investment Portfolios”, (unpublished preliminary draft of PhD. Thesis, University of Chicago, July, 1967).
- 12Econometric Methods. New York: McGraw Hill, Inc., 1963..
- 13Market and Industry Factors in Stock Price Behavior”, Journal of Business, XXXIX, Part II (January, 1966), 139–190.“
- 14The Valuation of Risk Assets and the Selection of Risky Investments in Stock Portfolios and Capital Budgets”, Review of Economics and Statistics, XLVII (February, 1965), 13–37.“
- 15Security Prices, Risk, and Maximal Gains from Diversification”, Journal of Finance, XX (December, 1965), 587–616.“
- 16The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices”, Journal of Business, XXXVI (October, 1963), 394–419.“
- 17Portfolio Selection: Efficient Diversification of Investments. Cowles Foundation Monograph No. 16. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1959..
- 18“The Efficient Market Model Applied to U.S. Treasury Bills”, (unpublished PhD. dissertation, University of Chicago, 1968).
- 19“A Simplified Model for Portfolio Analysis”, Management Science (January, 1963), 277–293.
- 20Capital Asset Prices: A Theory of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions of Risk”, Journal of Finance, XIX (September, 1964), 425–442.“
- 21Mutual Fund Performance”, Journal of Business XXXIX, Part 2 (January, 1966), 119–138.“
- 22Linear Programming Algorithm for Mutual Fund Portfolio Selection”, Management Science, XIII (March, 1967), pp. 499–510.“
- 23Standard and Poor's. Trade and Securities Statistics: Security Price Index Record. (Orange, Conn.: Standard and Poor's Corporation, 1964).
- 24How to Rate Management of Investment Funds”, Harvard Business Review, XLIII (JanuaryFebruary, 1965), 63–75.“
- 25“Toward a Theory of Market Value of Risky Assets”, (unpublished manuscript, undated).
- 26Investment Companies. New York: Arthur Wiesenberger & Company, 1955 and 1965.
- 27“Linear Estimators for Linear Regression Systems Having Infinite Variances”, (unpublished paper presented at the Berkeley-Stanford Mathematical Economics Seminar, October, 1963).