The author is Professor of Finance, Boston University. He was also a Regional Economic Consultant to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, United States Treasury. Thanks are due to that Office for its support to this study. However, the view expressed in this paper is the author's and is not necessarily the view of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. The cooperation of the banks in the sample is appreciated. The confidential nature of the examination records for individual banks and individual borrowers is strictly preserved. The author also thanks J. W. Kelley, E. J. Peterman, L. Connell, and D. Motter for their helpful comments. The preliminary version of this paper was presented at 1968 Joint Meeting of the Institute of Management Sciences and Operations Research Society of America.
BANK EXAMINER CRITICISMS, BANK LOAN DEFAULTS, AND BANK LOAN QUALITY
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1969 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 24, Issue 4, pages 697–705, September 1969
How to Cite
Wu, H.-K. (1969), BANK EXAMINER CRITICISMS, BANK LOAN DEFAULTS, AND BANK LOAN QUALITY. The Journal of Finance, 24: 697–705. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1969.tb00393.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!