All of the Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago. Each was on leave during academic year 1971–72 when this work was done: Weil at the Graduate School of Industrial Administration, Carnegie-Mellon University; Segall at the U.S. Department of the Treasury; Green at the London Graduate School of Business Studies. We thank Richard Dietrich for research assistance, Martin Geisel for econometric help, Robert S. Kaplan for a property of exponential functions that we had overlooked, as well as Nancy Gordon, David Pyle, and L. C. L. Skerratt for comments. Further, the reader should know that the West-Largay comment and our reply have both gone through several drafts which we have exchanged between ourselves. Consequently the amount of “heat” in this interchange is less but the amount of “light” is, we hope, greater than otherwise. WL have given us their data and we use that data here. As the text makes clearer, our own data sample is inadequate for resolution of one of the questions raised by WL. The National Science Foundation provided research support.
PREMIUMS ON CONVERTIBLE BONDS: REPLY
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1972 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 27, Issue 5, pages 1163–1170, December 1972
How to Cite
Weil, R. L., Segall, J. E. and Green, D. O. (1972), PREMIUMS ON CONVERTIBLE BONDS: REPLY. The Journal of Finance, 27: 1163–1170. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1972.tb03035.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!