Associate Professor of Finance, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. I thank J. Ingersoll for doing the computer simulations and for general scientific assistance. Aid from the National Science Foundation is gratefully acknowledged.
Session Topic: Risk, Information and Capital Budgeting
ON THE PRICING OF CORPORATE DEBT: THE RISK STRUCTURE OF INTEREST RATES*
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1974 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 29, Issue 2, pages 449–470, May 1974
How to Cite
Merton, R. C. (1974), ON THE PRICING OF CORPORATE DEBT: THE RISK STRUCTURE OF INTEREST RATES. The Journal of Finance, 29: 449–470. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1974.tb03058.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
- 4Stochastic Integrals, New York, Academic Press, 1969..,
- 6Dynamic General Equilibrium Model of the Asset Market and Its Application to the Pricing of the Capital Structure of the Firm,”SSM W.P. #497-70, M.I.T. (December, 1970).. “
- 7The Cost of Capital, Corporation Finance, and the Theory of Investment,” American Economic Review (June, 1958).and . “
- 9Proof that Properly Anticipated Prices Fluctuate Randomly,”Industrial Management Review (Spring, 1965).. “
- 11“A Re-Examination of the Modigliani-Miller Theorem,”American Economic Review, Vol. 59, No. 5 (December, 1969)..