The authors are respectively, Associate Professor, Graduate School of Business, Columbia University and Chief, Quantitative Studies, Division of International Finance, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. Financial support was provided by the U.S. Department of State and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. Neither organization shares responsibility for the opinions expressed in this paper. The authors wish to thank Stephen Preston and Walter Enders of Columbia University, who co-authored with them an antecedent study of native firm cost-functions. Arnold Gilbert of the Bureau of Economic Analysis, U.S. Department of Commerce provided invaluable assistance in programming and running regression for us on BEA's Multinational Data System. Our thanks go also to Terry Coble, Cora Flaifel and Sam Parrillo for expert research assistance.
Session Topic: International Trade And Finance: Balance of Payments And International Investment
THE TRADE EFFECTS OF DIRECT INVESTMENT
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1974 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 29, Issue 2, pages 655–676, May 1974
How to Cite
Adler, M. and Stevens, G. V. G. (1974), THE TRADE EFFECTS OF DIRECT INVESTMENT. The Journal of Finance, 29: 655–676. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1974.tb03077.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!