Assistant Professor of Finance, University of Southern California. I would like to thank the many investors and portfolio managers who participated in this study and the IBM Corporation for partial financial support. The constructive comments of Paul Green and Paul Slovic and the Editor on several versions of this paper added greatly to its clarity. The direction and suggestions of Guilford Babcock, Norman Cliff and Marion Wood of USC; Richard Harshman, David Mayers and Keith Smith of UCLA; and Jon Cunnyngham, Roger Harvey, Sven Lundstedt and Leo Stone of Ohio State are gratefully acknowledged. Of course neither these individuals nor IBM have any responsibility for what follows.
QUANTIFICATION OF INVESTORS' PERCEPTIONS OF COMMON STOCKS: RISK AND RETURN DIMENSIONS
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1975 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 30, Issue 5, pages 1301–1316, December 1975
How to Cite
Gooding, A. E. (1975), QUANTIFICATION OF INVESTORS' PERCEPTIONS OF COMMON STOCKS: RISK AND RETURN DIMENSIONS. The Journal of Finance, 30: 1301–1316. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1975.tb01057.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!