Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Graduate School of Business, Stanford University, respectively. We would like to thank Robert Merton, Stephen Ross, and Mark Rubinstein for many helpful discussions. We are also grateful to Andrew Christie and Johannes Mouritsen for technical assistance. This research was partially supported by a grant from the Dean Witter Foundation to Stanford University, and by the Center for Research in Security Prices, sponsored by Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner, and Smith, Inc., at the University of Chicago.
VALUING CORPORATE SECURITIES: SOME EFFECTS OF BOND INDENTURE PROVISIONS
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1976 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 31, Issue 2, pages 351–367, May 1976
How to Cite
Black, F. and Cox, J. C. (1976), VALUING CORPORATE SECURITIES: SOME EFFECTS OF BOND INDENTURE PROVISIONS. The Journal of Finance, 31: 351–367. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1976.tb01891.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
- 1“Forecasting Variance of Stock Prices for Options Trading and Other Purposes,” Seminar on the Analysis of Security Prices, University of Chicago, November, 1975..
- 2“A Theoretical Valuation Formula for Options, Warrants, and Other Securities,” Financial Note No. 16B, Associates in Finance, October, 1970.and .
- 3“The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities,” Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 81, No. 3, MayJune, 1973.and .
- 4“Convertible Bonds: Valuation and Optimal Strategies for Call and Conversion,” Working Paper No. 336, University of British Columbia, October, 1975.and .
- 5“The Pricing of Options for Jump Processes,” Rodney L. White Center Working Paper 2–75, University of Pennsylvania, April, 1975.and .
- 6“The Valuation of Options for Alternative Stochastic Processes,” Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 3, Nos. 1–2, JanuaryMarch, 1976.and .
- 7“A Contingent Claims Evaluation of Convertible Bonds and the Optimal Policies for Call and Conversion,” Ph.D. dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, February, 1976.
- 8“The Theory of Rational Option Pricing,” Bell Journal of Economics and Management Science, Vol. 4, No. 1, Spring, 1973..
- 9“On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,” Journal of Finance, Vol. 29, No. 2, May, 1974..
- 10“Option Pricing When Underlying Stock Returns are Discontinuous,” Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 3, Nos. 1–2, JanuaryMarch, 1976..
- 11“Options and Efficiency,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. 90, No. 1, February, 1976..