Assistant Professor of Economics and Finance, Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. I am grateful to Stanley Fischer and Robert Merton for their advice and many helpful suggestions and to Boston University for financial support. An earlier draft of this paper was greatly improved by the comments of John Lintner and Steven Shavell. Since writing this paper I have become aware of the papers by Nelson (1975) and Jaffee and Mandelker (1975), which deal with one of the issues discussed in this paper.
COMMON STOCKS AS A HEDGE AGAINST INFLATION
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1976 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 31, Issue 2, pages 459–470, May 1976
How to Cite
Bodie, Z. (1976), COMMON STOCKS AS A HEDGE AGAINST INFLATION. The Journal of Finance, 31: 459–470. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1976.tb01899.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!