Assistant Professor of Accounting, Graduate School of Business, Stanford University.
Session Topic: Finance and Accounting
COMPETITIVE INFORMATION IN THE STOCK MARKET: AN EMPIRICAL STUDY OF EARNINGS, DIVIDENDS AND ANALYSTS' FORECASTS*
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1976 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 31, Issue 2, pages 631–650, May 1976
How to Cite
Griffin, P. A. (1976), COMPETITIVE INFORMATION IN THE STOCK MARKET: AN EMPIRICAL STUDY OF EARNINGS, DIVIDENDS AND ANALYSTS' FORECASTS. The Journal of Finance, 31: 631–650. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1976.tb01911.x
This research was supported by a grant from the Peat, Marwick, Mitchell Foundation to the Graduate School of Business, Stanford University. The author wishes to acknowledge the support of his colleagues, William H. Beaver, David S. Ng and William F. Wright, the competent assistance of Robert Maki (Stanford University) and Gerald Udinsky (University of California, Santa Cruz), and the detailed comments of the University of Iowa Accounting Workshop.
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!