Professor, Graduate School of Management, University of California, Los Angeles and Associate Professor, Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Southern California, respectively.
PERFORMANCE OF CONGLOMERATE FIRMS: A PORTFOLIO APPROACH*
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1976 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 39–48, March 1976
How to Cite
Mason, R. H. and Goudzwaard, M. B. (1976), PERFORMANCE OF CONGLOMERATE FIRMS: A PORTFOLIO APPROACH. The Journal of Finance, 31: 39–48. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1976.tb03194.x
This research received financial support from the Division of Research, Graduate School of Management, and computational support from the Campus Computing Network, University of California, Los Angeles. We wish to thank the referee, David Rush for his extensive review of an earlier version of this article. His comments led to a change in choice of statistical technique, the comparison of the conglomerate survey sample with the remaining members of the initial survey population and a comparison of our results with those obtained by others.
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!