Faculty of Business, McMaster University. The author is indebted to Professors Harold Bierman, Jr., Thomas R. Dyckman, Roland E. Dukes, Seymour Smidt, Bernell K. Stone, all of Cornell University, and particularly to this Journal's referees, Nancy L. Jacob and Marshall E. Blume, for their very helpful comments and suggestions. Of course, any remaining errors are the author's responsibility. Research support from the Graduate School of Business and Public Administration, Cornell University is gratefully acknowledged.
INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE OF COMMON STOCKS IN RELATION TO THEIR PRICE-EARNINGS RATIOS: A TEST OF THE EFFICIENT MARKET HYPOTHESIS
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1977 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 32, Issue 3, pages 663–682, June 1977
How to Cite
Basu, S. (1977), INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE OF COMMON STOCKS IN RELATION TO THEIR PRICE-EARNINGS RATIOS: A TEST OF THE EFFICIENT MARKET HYPOTHESIS. The Journal of Finance, 32: 663–682. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1977.tb01979.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!