The authors are Associate Professor of Economics and Finance and Professor of Economics and Finance at New York University. They wish to thank Jody Kunis for her excellent research assistance. Helpful discussions with William J. Baumol are gratefully acknowledged. Mr. James O'Donnell of the Midwest Stock Exchange was kind enough to provide us with necessary data. This project was conducted under NSF grant No. RDA75-17953.
TECHNOLOGY, COMMUNICATION AND THE PERFORMANCE OF FINANCIAL MARKETS: 1840–1975
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1978 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 33, Issue 3, pages 819–832, June 1978
How to Cite
Kavesh, R. A., Garbade, K. D. and Silber, W. L. (1978), TECHNOLOGY, COMMUNICATION AND THE PERFORMANCE OF FINANCIAL MARKETS: 1840–1975. The Journal of Finance, 33: 819–832. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1978.tb02023.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!