Morrison Professor of Decision Sciences, Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University. The author would like to thank Michael Adler, John Roberts, Robert A. Taggart, Jr., and Gustaaf Van Herck for their stimulating comments on the issues considered herein.
Investment Policy, Optimality, and the Mean-Variance Model
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1979 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 34, Issue 1, pages 207–232, March 1979
How to Cite
BARON, D. P. (1979), Investment Policy, Optimality, and the Mean-Variance Model. The Journal of Finance, 34: 207–232. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1979.tb02081.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!