Associate Professor, University of Pennsylvania and Research Associate, National Bureau of Economic Research.
The Use of Volatility Measures in Assessing Market Efficiency*
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1981 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 36, Issue 2, pages 291–304, May 1981
How to Cite
SHILLER, R. J. (1981), The Use of Volatility Measures in Assessing Market Efficiency. The Journal of Finance, 36: 291–304. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1981.tb00441.x
This research was supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant #SOC 79–07561. The views expressed here should not be attributed to the National Science Foundation or the National Bureau of Economic Research. I am indebted to Fischer Black, Olivier Blanchard, Sanford Grossman, Franco Modigliani and Jeremy Siegel for helpful discussions.
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!