Associate Professor of finance, Professor of Finance, and Reese Professor of Banking and Monetary Economics (respectively) at The Ohio State University.
Federal Deposit Insurance, Regulatory Policy, and Optimal Bank Capital*
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1981 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 36, Issue 1, pages 51–60, March 1981
How to Cite
BUSER, S. A., CHEN, A. H. and KANE, E. J. (1981), Federal Deposit Insurance, Regulatory Policy, and Optimal Bank Capital. The Journal of Finance, 36: 51–60. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1981.tb03534.x
An earlier version of this paper was delivered at the June, 1979 meetings of the Western Economics Association. The authors wish to thank Edward H. Bowman, Michael Bordo, K.C. Chen, Jeffrey Fisher, Patrick Hess, E. Han Kim, Joseph Sinkey, Benjamin M. Friedman and Anthony M. Santomero of this Journal for helpful criticism.
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!