Harvard University and the National Bureau of Economic Research. This paper is part of the NBER Study of the Changing Role of Debt and Equity and of the Bureau's research on private and public pensions. We are grateful for comments on earlier versions presented at the 1978 NBER Summer Institute and at subsequent program meetings. We also want to thank Fisher Black, Jeremy Bulow, Benjamin Freidman, Stewart Myers, and Irwin Tepper for helpful discussions and James Poterba for assistance with the research. The NBER and the National Science Foundation provided financial support. The views expressed here are our own and should not be attributed to the NBER or Harvard University.
Pension Funding, Share Prices, and National Savings
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1981 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 36, Issue 4, pages 801–824, September 1981
How to Cite
FELDSTEIN, M. and SELIGMAN, S. (1981), Pension Funding, Share Prices, and National Savings. The Journal of Finance, 36: 801–824. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1981.tb04885.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!