Josef Lakonishok is Associate Professor, Faculty of Management, Tel-Aviv University, and Visiting Associate Professor, Faculty of Commerce, University of British Columbia. Maurice Levi is Associate Professor, Faculty of Commerce, University of British Columbia. We have received computational help from Gordon McOrmond and advice from Allen Felix, Director of Education, the New York Stock Exchange. Financial assistance was received from the Canadian Ministry of Industry, Trade and Commerce. The paper has benefited considerably from the valuable comments of Michael Brennan and Jerold Warner but the authors are solely responsible for any errors that may remain.
Weekend Effects on Stock Returns: A Note
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1982 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 37, Issue 3, pages 883–889, June 1982
How to Cite
LAKONISHOK, J. and LEVI, M. (1982), Weekend Effects on Stock Returns: A Note. The Journal of Finance, 37: 883–889. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1982.tb02231.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!