Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The material for this paper is based upon work supported in part by the National Science Foundation under Grant SES 7926733. The author wishes to express his appreciation to Terry Marsh, Lucas Papademos, Julio Rotemberg and Robert Shiller for reading an earlier draft of the manuscript and making valuable suggestions. I have also benefited from the advice of Fischer Black, Robert Merton and Stewart Myers.
The Presidential Address
Debt, Dividend Policy, Taxes, Inflation and Market Valuation
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1982 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 255–273, May 1982
How to Cite
MODIGLIANI, F. (1982), Debt, Dividend Policy, Taxes, Inflation and Market Valuation. The Journal of Finance, 37: 255–273. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1982.tb03549.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!