Graduate School of Business Administration, New York University. This paper is a revised chapter of my Ph.D. dissertation at the University of Rochester, N.Y. I wish to thank my dissertation Committee—John Long (Chairman), Jerold Warner, and Ross Watts—for their support and encouragement. I would also like to thank the participants in the finance workshops of the University of Rochester, the University of Chicago, New York University, Northwestern University, and the University of Pittsburgh. Finally, I would like to thank Robert H. Litzenberger and Michael Brennan for their valuable comments. Unfortunately, the remaining errors are all mine.
The Ex-Dividend Day Behavior of Stock Prices: A Re-Examination of the Clientele Effect
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1982 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 37, Issue 4, pages 1059–1070, September 1982
How to Cite
KALAY, A. (1982), The Ex-Dividend Day Behavior of Stock Prices: A Re-Examination of the Clientele Effect. The Journal of Finance, 37: 1059–1070. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1982.tb03598.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!