University of California, Berkeley and Bell Labs, Murray Hill, New Jersey; Northwestern University; and University of California, Berkeley. This research was partially supported by Grant SOC 77–09482 from the National Science Foundation and by the Professional Accounting Program, School of Business Administration, University of California, Berkeley. An earlier version of the paper was presented at Stanford University and at Oxford University. The authors are grateful to the participants of these seminars, especially Robert Freeman and Joseph Stiglitz, and to Alan Kraus and the editor for helpful comments.
Sufficient and Necessary Conditions for Information to have Social Value in Pure Exchange
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1982 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 37, Issue 5, pages 1169–1181, December 1982
How to Cite
HAKANSSON, N. H., KUNKEL, J. G. and OHLSON, J. A. (1982), Sufficient and Necessary Conditions for Information to have Social Value in Pure Exchange. The Journal of Finance, 37: 1169–1181. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1982.tb03610.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!