Faculty of Management, Tel-Aviv University; Department of Applied Economics, Catholic University of Leuven and E.I.A.S.M., Brussels. The paper was written when both authors were at the University of British Columbia. We would like to thank Bruce Dietrich-Campbell and Jeff Kwan for research assistance. Helpful comments were received from Robert Hamada, John Heaney, James MacBeth, Merton Miller, Myron Scholes, and the participants of the Finance workshops at UBC, Cornell University, Duke University, and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Special thanks for their insightful comments go to Michael Brennan and Krishna Ramaswamy. The paper was presented at the 1982 Western Finance Association meetings. Correspondence to: Josef Lakonishok and Theo Vermaelen, Faculty of Management, Tel Aviv University; Ramat-Avio Tel Aviv Israel.
Tax Reform and Ex-Dividend Day Behavior
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1983 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 38, Issue 4, pages 1157–1179, September 1983
How to Cite
LAKONISHOK, J. and VERMAELEN, T. (1983), Tax Reform and Ex-Dividend Day Behavior. The Journal of Finance, 38: 1157–1179. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1983.tb02289.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!