Assistant Professor of Economics and Finance, University of California, Los Angeles. I would like to thank Walter Blum, Michael Brennan, George Constantinides, Larry Dann, Kenneth French, Nicholas Gonedes, Albert Madansky, David Mayers, Robert Merton, Merton Miller, Harry Roberts, Myron Scholes, Robert H. Litzenberger and especially Robert Hamada, for their considerable help and encouragement. This is based on a chapter of my dissertation written at the University of Chicago. I have also benefited from the suggestions of the participants in the many finance workshops where this paper was presented. I also wish to thank the many U.S. corporations which voluntarily co-operated in this study. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the Western Finance Association meetings in Jackson Hole in June 1981. I take sole responsibility for any remaining errors.
The Impact of Capital Structure Change on Firm Value: Some Estimates
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1983 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 38, Issue 1, pages 107–126, March 1983
How to Cite
MASULIS, R. W. (1983), The Impact of Capital Structure Change on Firm Value: Some Estimates. The Journal of Finance, 38: 107–126. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1983.tb03629.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!